STAR Autism Workshop: St Cloud, MN- Sponsored by Low Incidence Regions 5 & 7
Register Now Special Rates Available for Region 5 & 7 Staff!
This two-day workshop will teach you to use evidence-based ABA strategies using the STAR Program, a comprehensive curriculum.
Participants will learn:
- Developmental curriculum content appropriate for children with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- Curriculum-based assessment techniques for baseline and progress monitoring.
- To use applied behavior analysis (ABA) lesson plans.
- To teach children with autism using discrete trial training method.
- Methods for teaching beginning, middle, and advanced learners.
- To teach expressive language and play/social skills using pivotal response training.
- To teach children with autism to be independent and to generalize skills learned in discrete trial and pivotal response training within their daily routines.
St. Cloud Holiday Inn & Suites
75 - 37th Avenue South
St Cloud, MN 56301
- November 28, 2012: 8:30 - 4:00
- November 29, 2012: 8:30 - 4:00
Materials included with registration:
- Extensive Handouts
- One STAR Program Student Learning Profile at each level
- Continental Breakfast and light snacks
- A certificate for 13 hours continuing education credit
- Academic credit (1 semester credit) is available through the Graduate School of Education at Lewis & Clark College for a $100 fee.
The STAR Autism Program manual and student learning profiles are included with your registration. The complete program and/or program components can be purchased here.
This course is offered for 1.2 ASHA CEUs (intermediate level, Professional area).