Teaching Social Communication Skills to Children with Autism: A Parent Training Program
This workshop is intended to familiarize individuals with the Parent Training Program Teaching Social Communication developed by Anna Dvortcsak and Brooke Ingersoll. This workshop focuses on: 1) The importance of parent training/education for families with children with autism; 2) An overview of intervention strategies encompassed in the social communication intervention and how the techniques relate to other autism interventions; and 3) Discussion on implementation of the intervention.
- Identify benefits of parent training
- Identify the intervention strategies used in this program and how they relate to other autism interventions
- Describe the intervention techniques encompassed in this program including the rationale and the critical components of each technique
- Understand the format of the program
- Understand how to present information to parents in a group format
- Understand how to provide parents with hands-on coaching when working with their child
The Parent Training Workshop is either one or two days depending on the level of detail and hands-on work desired.
Teaching Social Communication curriculum is now available. Get more information here!
Click Here to get more information regarding all STAR Autism Support Workshops